Are you wanting to learn to play drums?
Are you an experienced drummer looking to advance your skills?
I offer private drum lessons for all ages and abilities.
I give lessons in my drum studio in Barre, Vermont and in students homes.
I will travel up to 50 miles for in-home sessions at the rates listed below. Traveling further is negotiable.
Consultations via Skype are also available.
Here is a general list of drum study topics I can help you with:
- Drum setup and configuration (ergonomics)
- Drum tuning
- Reading Music
- Independence and Coordination
- How to practice efficiently
- Playing to a click
- Stick Control
- Drum Fills
- Drum Soloing
- Performance (presentation)
- Personalized audio and video instruction
I will create video and audio recordings as needed to assist you in your learning.
- Stretching, playing with injuries and physical complications
- Musical Styles
- Rock (classic rock, metal, prog rock)
- General shuffles
- Modern Musician skills:
- Drum recording techniques
- Home recording studio connectivity/setup
- DAW (digital audio workstation) basics
- How to collaborate online
- Making the most out of online study resources
Rates and Policies
- Drum Instruction at Hilltop Drum Studio: $50/hour. 1-hour minimum.
- In-home Drum Instruction: $60/hour. 1-hour minimum.
- Skype consultation: $30/half-hour. Half-hour minimum.
- Modern Musician Skills: $75/hour. 1-hour minimum.
Cancelation and Attendance Policy:
- Please give 24 hours notice for a cancelation. You will not be charged if you provide at least 24 hours advanced notice.
- No show = full charge.
- Cancellations with less than 24-hour notice = $30.00.
- I dedicate your scheduled time to you. If you cancel with less than 24-hour notice I may not be able to fill your time slot with another student... hence the $30 cancellation fee.
- I do understand emergency situations and will not charge for a cancellation due to a true emergency.
- Being late does not extend the lesson time. You are paying for a specific time slot; please make the best use of it.
- Payments can be made by cash, check , Venmo or PayPal.
- Payments are due at the time of your session.
Code of Conduct:
- I will treat you with respect and expect respect in return.
- I also expect you to treat yourself with respect. Don't let frustration get the best of you.
- Please be on time.
- Please put in the practice time and email me with questions between lessons (send me an email to schedule a phone call).
- Don't be afraid to fail. We can work through any drumming difficulties you encounter together. Every challenge is a base to build from.
- Any focused study of a performance art is a process and doesn't always come easy. We're in this together and we will advance your drumming skills.